Friday, December 19, 2008

Role Models

Who is to say what a hero is to me? One that I look up to? There are many people to whom I respect and look up to, yet to classify them as a hero seems to immortalize them as indestructible.

The only person that would fit into this category would be the Big Man himself, but he is so mysterious, that to model myself after him would be similar to following instructions written in Greek. Translated from Spanish, by a child who speaks only Italian.
He leaves us with only the ability to question ourselves so, and with what we should and should not do. Nothing wrong with that, but I find that I don't think I should model myself after someone who seems so faithless as to trust humanity to faith.

I don't have heroes, but I do have great friends and family, and really, what else do you need?

No comments: